Industry week recently published its list of the 25 top supply chains of 2014. As part of that, it pointed out what those companies are doing to develop their supply chains. The leading practices included:
- Supply chain network design optimization
- Use of data analytics
- Product launch and life cycle management
- Synchronous business planning
- Inventory optimization and management of the cash-to-cash cycle
- Collaboration within the supply chain from customers to suppliers
All of these are vital to successful supply chain management, but world-class performance in those areas helps create amazing competitive advantage. Each of the companies in the top 25 are not only leaders in their industries, but are recognized as innovative, creative and top performing companies world wide.
Are you using these tools and techniques in your supply chains?
© 2014 – Rick Pay – All Rights Reserved